Deadline Date :2013-04-30
PROGRAM GOAL: Sends scholars and professionals from Egypt and other countries to universities in the United States to internationalize the institutions’ campuses and curricula. Scholars in Residence typically spend three to ten months teaching and consulting in area studies programs, in interdisciplinary programs that focus on global issues, or in courses where participation of a foreign scholar can provide a cross-cultural or international perspective. Preference is given to institutions that infrequently host visiting scholars and that serve student populations underrepresented in international exchange programs.
· Egyptian citizenship; holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are ineligible.
· Minimum masters degree in either Chemistry or Geology
· At least five years of teaching experience at the college level.
· English language proficiency.
· Minimal prior academic experience in the United States.
· Ability to achieve the goals of the host institution
ELIGIBLE FIELDS: Geology or Chemistry
Program Duration/Dates: 9 months (August 10, 2013 – May 10, 2014)
· International travel for grantee
· Medical insurance.
· Other allowances.
Note: Host institutions often offer cost-sharing benefits (e.g., salary supplement, accommodations.)
March 20, 2013: Program announcement
Application: Please visit: https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/scholars/30/
April 16, 2013: Deadline for submission of online application and supporting documents
For detailed program description and/or additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.fulbright-egypt.org.